- 1 out of every 6 American women has been the victim of an attempted rape or completed rape in her lifetime.
- 17.7 million American women have been victims of attempted or completed rape.
- 9 out of 10 rape victims are female.
- Victims of sexual assault are; 3x more likely to suffer from depression. 13x more likely to abuse alcohol. 26x more likely to abuse drugs. 4x more likely to contemplate suicide.
- Most date rape drugs are odorless, tasteless, and colorless.
- 44% of sexual assault and rape victims are under the age of 18.
- 12% of girls in grades 9-12 said they have been sexually abused.
- In rape by an acquaintance, 75% of men and 55% of women were drinking or taking drugs right before the attack.